Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Outfit of the Day! Plus a New to Me Lovely Vintage, Wool, Winter Coat.

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm posting my OOTD. Recently I have been leaning toward the fashions of the late 1940's, early 1950's. I will be posting some recent vintage frocks I have come across this past weekend. One of the lovely finds is a beautiful camel colored lined coat I found and it only cost $8.99. I also thrifted an adorable brown, striped hand knit scarf that matched quite well. I was hoping to find this very style of coat. I have plaid, wool coats in my wardrobe but I needed a basic piece like this. The camel color matches everything and is timeless. It is in mint condition and a wonderful find. You may understand that feeling you get when you come across that special vintage piece and fall in love.

Blouse - Thrifted
Vintage Puff Sleeve Embroidered Sweater - Thrifted
Wool Button Front Skirt - Thrifted
Shoes - Thrifted
Brooch - Thrifted











Thanks for Reading!
Happpy Housewifing!

2 comments:

  1. I love the entire outfit, but that sweater just makes me swoon! I love vintage cardigans and sweaters more than anything. Put it with a simple circle skirt and you have the perfect vintage winter outfit.

    So glad to see a post from you again!

    Mrs. Myra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning, Mrs. Myra,

      Finding those vintage cardigans among the modern clothing at the thrift store is fun. I believe this one is vintage but more of a 1980's does 1940's type of garment. The 1980's did a lot of 1940's styling and I have found a few dresses in the past week that I couldn't pass up that are spot on. I'm not giving up my circle skirts and crinolines though. :)

      Thanks for the nice comment!

      Mrs. Jenn

      Delete