1. My recent favorite. The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio. This is based on a true story. The clothing and back drop are spot on. I wish we could have milk delivered like back then. Julianne Moore and Woody Harrelson are great in this. By far my favorite as of late.
2. Another fantastic movie starring Julianne Moore. Far From Heaven. Once again the backdrop and clothing is spot on. Wonder story as well.
3. The Help. Ok, technically this was based in the early 1960's but the clothing earned a spot on my list. Of course the story is amazing too.
4. Pleasantville. Great movie. I was able to watch it on youtube not to long ago.
5. Walk The Line. The story of Johnny and June Carter-Cash. Reese Witherspoon has some great dresses in this.
6. Peggy Sue Got Married. My favorite from the 1980's. This is probably the first one I saw that introduced me to the "50's".
7. Revolutionary Road - This movie is a bit dark but worth watching. Great story and backdrop.
8. Chocolat - Love the fashion and story.
9. The Age of Adeline - Although we see Adeline through the years she retains her 1940's/1950's clothing and style through the movie. This is a great story. Date night movie.
I am sure there are many more and I will add to this list. I have housework to do specifically ironing. The children will be home from school soon.
We have an Ice Cream Social to attend tonight and I must get my pretty, pretty dress out (as my husband calls them). Thanks for reading!