Monday, January 20, 2014

1950's Housewife A.K.A Mid Century Modern Housewife Needs Her Apron's.

A 1950's housewife or Mid Century Modern housewife as we are called today in my opinion need's her apron. They are sweet, and helpful and of course complete the outfit too. They can be handmade or store bought. I prefer the handmade. I love finding an apron with embroidered details. I picture a wonderful housewife of the past sitting down after a long day, working on it in painstaking detail while the children play games on the floor and her loving husband reads the paper in his favorite chair. I get the the pleasure to wear those little apron's today. Unfortunately I have to be careful while I am out thrifting or I will end up with way too many wonderful little apron treasures. I haven't started my own personal collection...YET. Whether they are vintage half aprons or full aprons if I didn't have them something would feel incomplete in my daily tasks of laundry, cooking and cleaning. Being a 1950's Housewife is a work in progress. By adding circa 1950's vintage aprons to your wardrobe it's a simple, affordable start to living the life of of mid century modern housewife. Vintage aprons can be found at grandmas attic at yard sales and thrift stores and of course ebay and etsy. They can range from .99 to very expensive online. But if you are thrifty like me it should not cost more than $10 to purchase a handful of these 1950's vintage apron treasures. Below are photos of my first little aprons and of course I have one more on it's way in the mail.

Vintage Handmade Blue Calico Print Half Apron


Vintage Handmade Green Gingham Embroidered Half Apron

Beautiful Starburst Embroidered Apron Detail

Vintage Circa Late 1940's early 1950's Pennsylvania Dutch Half Apron
This was a store bought apron in the 40's/50's. I was so excited when I found this for $1.99 at Goodwill.

Thanks for reading. Happy Housewifing!






No comments:

Post a Comment